These programs were developed using Matlab 7.0. The programs are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Continuous Beam Analysis - GeneralThis is a general beam analysis program. It uses the stiffness method to determine the rotations at each support. These are then used to determine the member end forces. Exact expressions are then used to determine the distribution of shear, moment, rotation and deflection along each member. The program features:
- Multiple load types: point load; uniformly distributed load; patch load, and; moment load;
- Spring supports, both vertical and rotational, enabling it to be used as part of a subframe analysis;
- Results are output at 100 positions along each span, enable accurate deflection estimation.
Continuous Beam Analysis - EnvelopeThis is an extension to the general beam analysis program. It automatically patterns applied loading to obtain envelopes of maximum and minimum load effects. The user can specify the maximum and minimum dead and live load factors. Note that the files for CBA-Env must be put in the same folder as CBA. Note that Section 15 of the GNU GPL, Disclaimer of Warranty, and Section 16, Limitation of Liability, are particularly pertinent to this engineering design program. Source (2 KB) CBA-Env showing 4-span beam analysis
Continuous Beam Analysis - BridgeThis is another extension to the general beam analysis program. It allows the user to pass the following forms of load across a bridge:
- knife-edge loads;
- HB vehicle;
- Special convoy vehicle.
- moment and shear envelopes;
- maximum and minimum moment against position of first axle;
- bending moment diagrams when maximum and minimum moments occurred;
- a report of maximum and minimum load effects for any chosen point of interest.
Section Properties CalculatorThis is a short but really useful script that calculates the section properties for an arbitrary shape with holes. Source (2 KB) SecProp showing footbridge
Prestressed Concrete DesignA collection of scripts for prestressed concrete calculations. Features include:
- Magnel diagrams;
- Stress checks at critical sections;
- Minimum section modulus calculations;
- Cable zone calculations.