Lecture notes for various courses I've given are below by subject and topic. I'd appreciate any feedback, and let me know if you find them useful.
Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) - Honours Degree in Structural Engineering
Structural Mechanics - 3rd YearI am no longer teaching this course, but notes related to it are here:
Structural Analysis - 3rd YearThe notes are on the course homepage here.
Structural Analysis - 4th YearSimilarly, these notes are on the course homepage here.
DIT - Diploma in Civil Engineering
Design of Reinforced Concrete - 3rd YearThese notes were delivered only once and so are more synopsis than detailed explanations, but may still be of use.
Fluid Mechanics - 2nd YearNot my area of expertise, and only taught for one year, but I put a lot into it and I learned a lot from writing these notes. They cover:
- Introduction to course
- Introduction to fluids
- Hydrodynamics: Basics
- Hydrodynamics: Flow in Pipes
- Hydrodynamics: Flow in Channels
University College Dublin (UCD) - Degree in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Design - Fourth YearThe topics covered are:
- Masonry Design: to the Irish code IS325
- Prestressed Concrete: covering both pre- and post-tensioned.
- Reinforced Concrete Columns: from first principles and to BS8110
- Design and Analysis of Slabs: mainly considering yield line analysis.
UCD - Degree in Architecture
Structures for ArchitectsThese notes (and more) were given to 3rd and 4th year architects.
- Composite design: The design of steel-concrete composite beams.
- Punching shear: A basic explanation with some calculations.
- Structure in Architecture (29 KB)
- Precedence (10,700 KB)
- Structural Art (7,207 KB)
- Architects & Engineers (2,524 KB)
Both DIT and UCD
Structural Scheme DesignA comprehensive set of notes dealing with the preliminary design of structures, covering the following:
- Introduction to the area
- Overall Structural Behaviour
- Structural Materials and Form
- Precedence Studies
- Preliminary Analysis
- Preliminary Design
- Car Park Design